On May 25th, 2018 the new European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect. We at O.C.O Technology Ltd (Company No.: 07247345) wish to assure you that we always use your data in a responsible, accountable and respectful manner. This Privacy notice demonstrates our commitment to you, on the privacy of your data.
1. What sort of information we collect:
In order to conduct a business relationship between ourselves and you (the customer) where you have signed a contract and to allow us to perform services or deliver goods that you have requested, the information we collect is generally of the following nature but isn’t limited to this:
- Name (this could be a company name or a sole trader’s name)
- Address details of the business or individual we are to invoice and the address that goods are to be delivered to.
- Contact telephone numbers for invoicing and site contact purposes
- Email addresses for both the accounts contact where we are to send invoices and statements and also those at the delivery site level.
- Bank details including sort code and account number
2. How do we protect your data?
All customer data (as outlined above) is stored in a securely protected layered environment, these layers include but are not limited to, firewalls, access control, password protection, patched and managed computers and servers and endpoint protection. User permissions are set so that only the appropriate team members who need to access your data for business purposes can access that data.
We have further measures in place to prevent data leaks.
3. Why do we collect this sort of information?
We collect the above information in order to:
- be able to fulfil the contract into which we have entered and provide a contracted service or to deliver goods to you or your business.
- we require this data to be able to accurately and effectively charge (raise an invoice) for services or goods supplied and to communicate that charge to you. We then use the data to send monthly statements detailing invoices for goods/services which remain unpaid. Subsequent follow up letters may also be sent if an account goes into default and the County Court may be informed.
- We may use your contact details to send you appropriate industry and company updates on services which we feel will enhance our service to you.
4. How long do we keep this data?
If we have traded with you, we will keep detailed sales records for up to 7 years, this allows us to satisfy the HMRC requirement of the 6 previous years (plus the current financial year).
In regards to Hazardous Waste transported and received at O.C.O Technology Ltd sites, under the Waste Management Licences, Pollution Prevention Control Permits (PPC) and Environmental Protection Regulations Permits (EPR) we are required to retain records of all inputs and outputs of hazardous wastes, whilst we are the holder of that licence or permit. This requirement is only removed if we surrender the licence. In the meantime, we are legally required to retain records. This information would include the Name and Address of the Waste Producer (Consignor), as well as a Contact Name and Telephone Number for the Consignor.
You have the right to request the removal of your personal data, in this instance, we will attempt to anonymise data whilst not compromising our ability to satisfy any HMRC or other statutory requirements.
5. Who will we share your data with?
We will only ever share your data with a statutory body if we are required to by law and in those instances we shall attempt to inform you before doing this.
6. What are your rights in regards to your data?
As outlined by the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) under the GDPR you have various rights in regards to your personal data:
Right to Access
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold on you. We commit that in the event of a DSAR (Data Subject Access Request) we will send you all personal data we hold about you within 1 month of the receipt of your request.
Right of Rectification
You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate personal information we hold.
Right of erasure
You have the right to be ‘forgotten’ in certain instances.
Right of restricted processing
Individuals have the right to request that we restrict the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances. These are laid out on the ICO website.
Company Administration Manager, O.C.O Technology Ltd 07247345